The Okotoks Oilers of the Alberta Junior Hockey League are accepting applications for the position of Business Operations Coordinator.
Our non-profit organization began play in 2005, and provides local entertainment to the Town of Okotoks through its highly successful on-ice product, with offices located at our home rink, the Pason Centennial Arena.
The role is a new one for our 2021-22 season. Reporting to the Assistant General Manager, Business Operations, the successful candidate will lead the team’s relationships with local businesses, generating revenue opportunities while attending to administrative and financial elements in the team’s office.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with enthusiasm for sport and customer service. The position requires a self-starter who is willing to canvass the community to generate new sponsorship opportunities for the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Generate sales of team advertising inventory through face-to-face and telephone presentations with local businesses
• Create and maintain relationships with local businesses
• Maintain customer database
• Assist in season and game day ticket sales, especially group sales
• Maintain regular office hours, acting as a customer service representative for the team
• Process transactions in the team office
• Assist in financial data entry and reporting, including billing and invoicing
• Assist with game day operations as required
• Interpersonal and customer service capabilities
• Ability to work independently
• Computer skills including MS Office Suite
• Familiarity with the hockey industry, especially junior hockey, will be helpful
• Sales and/or customer service experience an asset, but not required
• Basic bookkeeping skills and familiarity with programs such as QuickBooks or Sage Accounting will be an advantage, but not required
• Sports management or business educational background preferred
• The position will have a performance-based compensation structure, but will include a modest base salary
Please forward application materials to:
Assistant General Manager, Business Operations
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM Mountain Time on Wednesday, June 16.
Photo via Chad Goddard Photography