CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced Monday its final Top 20 Rankings, for the 2021-22 season.
Finishing on top of the table once again is the Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
Brooks piled up 106 points during the regular season while ending up in top spot in the overall 16-team AJHL standings.
Slotted second in the national listings, which were compiled by an independent scouting service, is Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ).
They presently sport the best record among the 12 Jr. A clubs in Quebec with a 33-4-2-0 mark.
At No. 3, you have the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL).
A perennial power in the Maritimes, the Western Capitals boast a MHL-best 31-4-1-2 and have already secured the top seed in the upcoming playoffs and yet another regular season title.
Closing in on claiming first overall in the Central Canada Hockey League, is the No. 4 team in the final rankings, the Ottawa Jr. A Senators.
Ottawa presently paces the CCHL by having gone 38-5-2-2 to date and have a 12-point cushion on their nearest competitors.
Rounding out the Top 5 is another impressive AJHL squad, the Spruce Grove Saints.
They reached 97 points on the campaign by going 46-9-5-0.
The following are the final CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the 2021-22 campaign:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (Final 21/22)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (2)
3. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (3)
4. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (4)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
6. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (7)
7. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (6)
8. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL)(8)
9. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
10. Estevan Bruins (SJHL) (10)
11. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (11)
12. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (16)
13. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (13)
14. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (15)
15. Pickering Panthers (OJHL) (14)
16. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (12)
17. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (17)
18. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (18)
19. Milton Menace (OJHL) (19)
20. Hawkesbury Hawks (CCHL) (20)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL); Soo Eagles (NOJHL); North York Rangers (OJHL); Campbellton Tigers (MHL); Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings were compiled during the season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/