Employment Opportunity - Business Manager - Grande Prairie, Alberta
The Grande Prairie Storm Hockey Club exists to develop a quality junior hockey team made up of dedicated and talented hockey players who want to work together with the community, volunteers and administration. We constantly look for ways to improve our organization and are proud to be an integral part of the Grande Prairie region. We encourage educational advancement and strive to achieve the highest possible results in pursuit of a National Championship.
The Grande Prairie Storm Hockey Organization is looking for an energetic person who is interested in joining their team as the Business Manager. This position is currently open, will be filled immediately and is located in Grande Prairie Alberta. The successful candidate will be passionate about hockey and will believe in the long-term success of the Storm. This person needs to be able to build a successful, long lasting network of relationships in the community for the Storm hockey club. The Business Manager will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Reporting – Reporting into the board of directors monthly with a general and financial update.
• Budget – Will work closely with our GM of Hockey Ops and accounting team to generate the Storm’s annual operating budget and manage it monthly.
• Sponsorship - Responsible for developing a strategy and executing on the sales of sponsorships for the hockey club. This includes annual sponsorship agreements as well as fundraising events and other revenue generating opportunities.
• Media - Ensures that all social media/website/television content meets applicable standards and is capable of generating revenue.
• Promotion - Drives the promotion of the hockey club with a focus to increasing ticket sales and viewership of hockey games and fundraising events.
• Community Relations – Develop relationships between the Storm and surrounding communities. The positive reputation of the hockey club in the City of Grande Prairie is important and the Storm relies heavily on these relationships forged and maintained by the Business Manager.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Self motivated
• Servant leadership
• Community minded
• Financial literacy
• Strong communicator
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Management and sales experience
• Fundamental understanding of team sports organizations
• Sports management diploma or a post-secondary degree would be considered an asset
This position will be salary based off 40 hours per week on average. Time commitment will vary depending on the day and season. This position will include benefits and is eligible for an annual bonus. Compensation to be negotiated depending on experience and capabilities.
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021
Please upload your resume and cover letter to Chris Millsap at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. We thank you for your interest.