Brooks Bandits (AJHL) remain No. 1 in CJHL Top 20 Rankings
CALGARY, Alta. – Having picked up 37 of a possible 38 points in their past 19 outings, the Brooks Bandits (AJHL) maintain their hold on the No. 1 slot in the latest Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings, announced Monday.
Brooks had a stellar 18-game winning streak dashed on Saturday with a 5-4 shootout defeat on the road at the hands of the Spruce Grove Saints, who themselves have won 12 straight.
Despite the minor blemish, the Bandits have gone a solid 20-1-1-0 so far on the campaign and sport an AJHL-best .932 winning percentage.
Meanwhile, over the Maritimes, the 2022 Fred Page Cup-host Summerside Western Capitals have registered a dozen triumphs in a row while going 14-1-0-1 to date in the MHL.
Regular season play in the Central Canada Hockey League sees the Ottawa Jr. A Senators boasting a record of 15-2-0-1 and 9-1-1-0 in their past 11 with their efforts seeing them move to No. 3 nationally.
Joining the upper echelon of ranked teams at No. 4 this week are the LHJAAAQ’s Panthères de St-Jérôme.
An .833-win mark is tops in Quebec as is their 35 points and a 17-3-0-1 record through 21 outings.
Sliding up to No. 5 is Spruce Grove as their 12-game winning streak has seen them improve to 19-3-2-0 overall and move to within one point of Brooks in Alberta, but the Bandits hold two games in hand.
The following are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (As of Nov. 15)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (2)
3. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (4)
4. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (8)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
6. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (3)
7. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL) (7)
8. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (17)
9. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (5)
10. Collège Français de Longueui (LHJAAAQ)(8)
11. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (HM)
12. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (16)
13. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (13)
14. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (19)
15. Edmundston Blizzard (MHL) (14)
16. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (11)
17. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (18)
18. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (10)
19. Estevan Bruins (SJHL) (20)
20. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (15)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL); Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL); Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL); Condors du Cégep Beauce-Appalaches (LHJAAAQ); Prédateurs de Joliette LHJAAAQ
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the seasons by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/