Photo Credit - Pro Sports Photography:
Grande Prairie Storm forward, Zach Webb, is the Canalta Hotels Player of the Week for the week of October 8th-14th, 2018. Webb scored 3 goals and 5 assists to help earn his team 5 points on a three-game South Division road trip.
Webb and the Storm stole a 5-4 OT win against the Calgary Mustangs on October 11th, with Webb scoring an unassisted goal as the game winner. Zach scored 2 goals and an assist in the OT win and was awarded as the Viterra AJHL Star of the Game. Grande Prairie fell short in a 3-2 OT loss to Brooks on October 12th with Webb contributing an assist for the Storm. On October 13th, Grande Prairie won another 5-4 battle in Calgary, this time over the Canucks. Webb scored 1 goal and 3 assists, having a part in four of the five Storm goals.
Zach Webb (St Albert, AB) is 7th amongst AJHL scoring leaders with 17 points (4G, 13A). The 20 year-old is in his third AJHL season, first with the Storm. Webb and his Grande Prairie Storm are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.
The Alberta Ford Dealers AJHL Defensive Player of the Week is goaltender Pierce Charleson of the streaking Brooks Bandits. The South Division leaders are riding a 10-game win streak with Charleson in net. The 18 year-old goalie recorded three wins last week to add to his flawless 10-0 season record.
Charleson allowed just 2 goals in each of the three games for the Bandits last week, posting a 1.97 GAA and turning away 56 of 62 shots. The first win came from a Thanksgiving Game on October 8th in a 3-2 triumph over Okotoks. The weekend would bring two more wins for Charleson and the Bandits in the form of a 3-2 victory over the Grande Prairie Storm on Friday and a 4-2 win Saturday against the Whitecourt Wolverines - both North Division teams traveling through on South Division swings.
In his first AJHL season, Charleson is among the Top 5 in the categories of GAA (1.89) and Save % (.921) and has recorded the most minutes played (603) of all AJHL goaltenders.
The Bandits were named as the #1 team in today’s CJHL Top 20 Weekly Rankings, a jump from third place last week.
Canalta Hotels AJHL Player of the Week Recipients:
• Shane Ott, Drumheller Dragons: September 14-16, 2018
• Parker Saretsky, Spruce Grove Saints: September 17-23, 2018
• Charles-Olivier Ouiment, Whitecourt Wolverines: September 24-30, 2018
• Arjun Atwal, Sherwood Park Crusaders: October 1-7, 2018
• Zach Webb, Grande Prairie Storm: October 8-14, 2018
Alberta Ford Dealers AJHL Defensive Player of the Week:
• Taner Miller, Fort McMurray Oil Barons : September 14-16, 2018
• Mark Drohan, Canmore Eagles: September 17-23, 2018
• Ashton Abel, Calgary Mustangs: September 24-30, 2018
• TJ Lloyd, Spruce Grove Saints: October 1-7, 2018
• Pierce Charleson, Brooks Bandits: October 8-14, 2018