We are looking for a Director of Business Operations who shares our vision of becoming the best organization in the country to play Junior 'A' hockey. The Director of Business Operations is an advocate of the Pontiacs in the community creating energy and pride for the team contributing to community involvement and organizational success as well as provides support in the managing of the day to day operations of the organization.
Our organization has deeps roots in the community and we provide opportunity for hockey players to play at an elite level of their sport, emphasizing development of character, sense of community, education, promotion of excellence, and thereby providing entertainment to, and promotion of the Lakeland Region.
• Be an active member in the community and corporate liaison
• Communicate with local industry to promote team and potential community partnerships
• Devise strategies to promote partner brand among community
• Manage and oversee all forms of communication and media to ensure strong online presence and corporate reputation on multiple platforms
• Work closely with the General Manager to manage and oversee all areas of business operations for the team
• Negotiate and review contracts and agreements with service providers
• Work with all Pontiac staff and promote an environment of team work while developing purchasing strategies
• Minimum Education is High School Diploma
• Post Secondary Education in Sports Management is considered an asset
• Previous business management experience considered an asset
• Key Skills include: Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills; community involvement; resourcefulness, dedication, leadership, and decision making skills
This job posting will close on December 22, 2017. To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org